Unlimited Basic Client (UBC) Feature
The Unlimited Basic Client Feature allows you to add an unlimited number of Basic clients to your Coach Edition account and manage their training schedules just like you would for any Premium client account. Premium clients still incur a monthly fee, based on usage, starting at $9/client/month.
How much does it cost?
The UBC feature is $49 per month, billed to your credit card. The Unlimited Basic Client feature is optional for all coaches who purchased a Coach Edition account prior to Jan 23, 2009. Coach Edition subscribers who purchased after Jan 23, 2009 automatically have the UBC option as part of the Coach Edition subscription.
What is the difference between "Basic" clients and "Premium" clients?
The key thing to understand is that a Basic Client will have limited features within their own account. However, you, as the Coach, will have access to all freatures for planning and reviewing the Basic Client's data. There are, however, a few limitations for a Coach having Basic Clients. You, as the Coach, will not recieve any Post-Workout Notification emails when a Basic Client updates their workout(s). In addition, it is not possible to bulk download or batch download a Basic Clients workouts. These are only available with your Premium Clients. Premium clients recieve all features for planning, reviewing, and using TrainingPeaks with their Coach.
What can I use this for?
With this feature, you can offer a greater range of coaching services to your customers. For clients that you know don't want all the bells and whistles of our Premium account, it works great. For situations where you might have a client that only wants occasional communication, you now have a no-incremental cost solution. Group coaching or delivery of training plans in bulk is also a perfect fit. Since there is no "per client" fee, you can add as many clients as you want and interact with their accounts on an as-needed basis.
- Regular coached clients
- Group coaching
- Delivery of training plans to 1 or hundreds of clients at a time
- One-time fitness assessments
- Training schedule consultations
- Meal plan consultations
- Delivery of semi-custom plans
- Build your client-base and upsell them on premium coaching
- Basic clients will see advertising in their account and nightly emails
- Basic clients will see an "Upgrade to Premium" link within their account
- Basic clients can't move, copy or add a workout/meal to a future date, thus, they don't have "planning" capabilities
- Basic clients have Read-only access to the uploaded training device file Graph in the detailed view of a workout
- Basic clients do not trigger Post Workout Notification emails to the Coach Edition user they are attached
- All premium charts are not accessible (mean max power chart, CP, Critical Power Distribution, Daily Metrics reporting, and others)
- No bulk downloading of workout files for the client and for any Coach Edition user accessing this clients data. Files can be downloaded one-at-a-time from the client's Journal for both the client and the Coach Edition user
- Basic clients do not have access to the Annual Training Plan functions
- Upload data from all devices (but won't have the ability to interact with the Graph in the detailed view of a workout)
- Log workout and meal information
- Access the TrainingPeaks Mobile application (limited features & functionality)
- Access all basic charts
- Review workouts scheduled by their Coach/Trainer
- Receive nightly emails
- Interact just like a standard Basic (free) account
CLICK HERE to read about the difference between Basic and Premium clients.
Q: Can I convert a Basic Client to a Premium Client?
Yes...CLICK HERE to read how to convert an account.
Yes. At anytime you can downgrade the client's account to the Basic mode. The client will then have the ability to purchase a premium subscription while remaining "connected" to you on your coached-client list. CLICK HERE to read how to convert an account.
Yes. All Basic clients are able to upgrade to Premium on their own. They will pay our standard retail rates for their subscription but it won't incur any additional charge to the coach/trainer.
If you have UBC and would like to cancel, you can still keep your Premium clients. All Premium clients that are Coached Athletes (you are paying for them) will remain on your billing statement each month unless you remove them. To cancel your UBC with all Basic clients, go to My Settings, Account, then click on the Cancel Recurring Payments link. If you have Premium clients with UBC, please contact us here to cancel.
Coach Edition users with UBC and all Basic Clients: You can unsubscribe yourself from UBC from within your Coach Account under My Settings, Account, then choose the Cancel Recurring Payments link. All clients will detach from your Coach Account and they will be "stand alone" Basic Personal Edition accounts.Coach Edition users with UBC with Premium Clients: First, remove all of your Premium clients from your account. You can do this by clicking on each client, choose User Settings, then select the Account tab to remove them. Then, contact us here to cancel.Coach Edition users with Premium-only Clients: First, remove all but ONE of your Premium clients from your account. You can do this by clicking on each client, choose User Settings, then select the Account tab to remove them. Once you have one client remaining contact us to cancel your account.
Your billing will occur immediately when you upgrade to the Unlimited feature. After your initial payment, your credit card will be charged monthly, on the date when you first purchased the UBC feature. Your premium client billing will still occur at the end of the month, so, you may end up seeing two charges per month from Peaksware (TrainingPeaks).
No. If you share a Basic client, the coach to whom you are sharing the client must have the UBC feature.
No. You may export their data files one at a time using the Workout Quick-View. Click on the Workout to pull up the Quick View, click on the small down arrow next to the file name, and choose Download file. However, the Bulk file download and the Batch download systems do not allow you to download Basic Client files.