6 weeks training Plan for a 21k sub 1:20:00
- 5 sessions a week (4 + one optional)
- Target are experienced runners who are already running 3 times a week and have a good running form.
- Training plan is based on % max HR (Heart Rate) or pace (5k, 10k, 21k pace)
Lots of work around lactate treshold.
Long intervals are done a around your 5k and 10k pace (95% of max HR), to get you to the next level.
- Each week includes:
- Treshold and speed workouts, with specific work on short and medium intervals.
- Tempo and Tempo+ long intervals (around half and marathon pace)
- Basic endurance and long run. Longest run is 1h45.