6 weeks training Plan for a 21k sub 1:30:00
- 4 sessions a week
- Target are experienced runners who are already running 2 or 3 times a week and have a good running form.
- Training plan is based on Speed (mph or kph) or % max HR (Heart Rate)
- Long Run include some work at race pace, including descend to challenge yourself and gove you some extra speed at the end of your race.
- Long intervals are done a bit faster than your race pace goal (9-9.5mph or 95% of max HR), to get you to the next level.
- Each week includes:
- Treshold and race pace workouts, with specific work on short and medium intervals.
- Tempo and Tempo+ long intervals (around half and marathon pace)
- Basic endurance and long run. Longest run is 1h50.