An 8 week progressive training plan designed to build appropriate aerobic endurance and increase functional threshold power (FTP) for cyclists and triathletes aiming to race in events lasting between 20 - 60 minutes who are using heart rate measuring equipment.
1. Designed to start the preparation phase of a periodized annual plan
2. 5-6 hours per week assuming full time work commitments (evening indoor sessions during the week)
3. Done of a static trainer, rollers or outdoors, conditions allowing.
4. 10 mile rollers test and the beginning and end of the 8 weeks to benchmark progress.
5. Includes active recovery.
6. Ideal base for 10 and 25 mile time trials, circuits races/crits, track endurance races and 40k tri legs.
7. Targeted and focused aerobic endurance training - not 'old school' winter junk miles.