An 8 week progressive training plan designed as a prelude to racing as part of an aerobic endurance programme. Z4 progressive sessions in aero position when appropriate for cyclists and triathletes aiming to race in events lasting between 20 - 60 minutes who are using power measurement to judge intensity.
1. Designed as part of the pre-competition phase of a periodized annual plan following the development of an aerobic endurance base coupled with leg speed and leg strength development.
2. 5-6 hours per week assuming full time work commitments (evening indoor sessions during the week)
3. Done of a static trainer, rollers or outdoors, conditions allowing.
4. Includes active recovery.
5. Ideal preparation for 10 and 25 mile time trials, circuits races/crits, track endurance races and 40k tri legs.
6. Designed to give you an edge for early season racing and a basis to build more speed and endurance.