This plan is for the athlete who is looking to complete and Ironman 70.3 event. The first 5 weeks provides some aerobic conditioning, set up training zones and provides a great way for basic to intermediate athletes to start back training.
This program is perfect for the following athletes:
1) Beginner/Intermediate athletes
2) Get back into shape intermediate athletes
3) Multi-sport athlete looking prepare for ironman 70.3
At the conclusion of plan athletes will come away with the following:
1) Custom training zones for all 3 sports
2) Aerobic extensive foundation work on the run and bike
3) Development of basic swim program
4) Cardiovascular and endurance improvemen
What athletes will need:
1) Open to new ideas and training
2) Multi sport training computer
3) Heart rate or power meter.
4) Computer in order to view Training Peaks and upload ride information
5) Training time 4-6 hours to start off and 6-8 as we progress.
1) 5 week training blocks set up to be completed using feel, heart rate or power.
2) Start-up coaching call or email (15-20 minute phone call)
3) Mid-term coaching reviews and feedback
4) End of plan or block coaching call (10-20 minutes phone call)
5) Mid-point review upon request. Send us a email request and we will review your training
6) Swim, bike and run workouts designed to focus on 70.3 distance
7) Discounted additional coaching consults as needed along the way.