Choose this training plan if you’re prepared to ride five times per week in pursuit of a faster 40K time trial. The plan is 12 weeks long and features five rides per week. It also includes three lactate threshold tests, in Weeks 3, 6 and 9. These tests are opportunities to use BSX Insight to measure your progress and adjust your training zones. Be sure to complete a lactate threshold test before you start the plan in order to establish your initial zones. You should also be able to ride comfortably for at least 20 miles before you start.
Like all BSX Insight/Matt Fitzgerald Training Plans, the Intermediate 40K Time Trial Plan is based on the 80/20 Rule, which stipulates that 80 percent of total training time is spent at low intensity and the remaining 20 percent at moderate and high intensities. This approach is scientifically proven to produce better results for runners of all levels. See for yourself!