This is a static advanced Half Marathon training plan. The program is designed as a "one size fits most" strategy for individuals that are unable to obtain a customized training plan with personalized coaching.
If you've run several half marathon and consider yourself an avid runner, this plan is designed to help you increase your power to weight ratio, your VO2 Max and potential improve your half marathon finishing time.
With approximately 1 to 1 and a half hours per day of training on average, with integrated recovery, an advanced marathon will have a reliable framework to enhance half marathon performance in 12 weeks. (excluding race week).
Strength and conditioning workouts are provided to assist performance.
You'll receive with the program:
1) A BMI assesment calculator and target calculator
2) An RPE (Rate of Percieved Exertion) table.
Rate of Perceived Exertion is an intuitive way for an athlete to measure and describe the intensity and impact of their activity.
3) A 7 zone HR Zone calculator, along with a detailed explanation of each zone and what it means.
4) A recovery assesment table and description
These are provided to assist those that use thee metrics to gauge, track and log performance.
5) A comprehensive training log and you'll receive a daily email reviewing your prescribed activity for the next two days.