This is a static intermediate Half Marathon training plan. The program is designed as a "one size fits most" strategy for individuals that are unable to obtain a customized training plan with personalized coaching.
If you've run a half marathon before, or consider yourself an avid runner, this plan can help you prepare to run 13.1 miles.
With approximately 1 to 1 and a half hours per day of training on average, average weekly running volume of about 10 miles, with integrated recovery, an intermediate level half marathoner will be prepared for a half marathon in about 12 weeks (excluding race week).
Strength and conditioning workouts are provided to assist performance.
Rate of Perceived Exertion is an intuitive way for an athlete to measure and describe the intensity and impact of their activity. It's particularly helpful for athletes that do not train with heart rate monitors, or if they're doing intervals so short that it renders HRMs less useful.
You'll receive with the program:
1) A BMI assesment calculator and target calculator
2) An RPE (Rate of Percieved Exertion) table and description and
3) A 7 zone HR Zone calculator, along with a detailed explanation of each zone and what it means.
4) A recovery assesment table and description
These are provided to assist those that use thee metrics to gauge, track and log performance.
5) A comprehensive training log and you'll receive a daily email reviewing your prescribed activity for the next two days.