“It's never too late to be what you might have been.” - George Elliot
Especially designed for female age group triathletes with full time jobs and other commitments, the single goal of this 14-week training plan is to set you up for YOUR IRONMAN SUCCESS on race day.
Hand-crafted by USA Triathlon-certified coach and elite triathlete Krista Schultz, MEd, CSCS this plan encapsulates her exercise physiology expertise with more than a decade of experience as an endurance athlete and coaching hundreds of other athletes to succes.
Starting 14 weeks before your target race (week 1 is race week), this plan progresses through two base periods and one build period (16.5-18 hrs max per week) prior to peaking and tapering. Each week typically contains 3x swims, 3x bikes and 3x runs plus 1 BRICK run. During the plan, you will build up to: 3,800 yards (or meters) swimming, 5-6 hours biking and 2.5 hours running. Your weekly schedule includes optional time allocation for strength exercises and a designated off day (Monday). We recommend using a heart rate monitor in conjunction with perceived effort but you may use power as well.
Purchase of this plan includes the comprehensive 40+ page ENDURANCEWORKS Triathlon Training Guide, which explains how to use your training plan, and, as an added bonus, Build and Maintain: Strength Training for Triathletes.
Prior to using this plan, you should be able to complete the following workouts:
- Swim: 500 meters or yards continuously
- Bike: 2.5 hours continuously
- Run: 80 minutes continuously or run/walk combination
Most importantly, purchase of this program includes complimentary email access to Krista Schultz at any time for questions that you may have about this plan.
For more information about this plan, please DOWNLOAD the Description Document.
Questions? Please visit us on the web at shedoestri.com or email Krista directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This training plan starts any Monday or can be set to end on race day. You can also reuse this training plan for future races.
- This plan version assumes your target race is on a Saturday. If your race is on Sunday, please select our "Sunday Race" plan.
- IRONMAN® and IRONMAN Triathlon® are registered trademarks of World Triathlon Corporation (WTC).