"TOB Stage 2
1x 2nd cat climb
2x 1st cat climbs
Not a great stage for me.
Break of 15 guys went clear in first 10km and took 10 minute so the GC is effectivly over.
Peloton gave chase and brought it down to 22 seconds before giving up and letting it drift out to the final 10 min.
Peloton cruised most of the day, the pace picked up for the final hour inc the sprint for the very minor places."
"Harder than yesterday, despite the peloton taking it easy for much of the stage. Certainly the first part of the stage was tough, but the pace was even for much of the rest of the stage. Unfortunately for Dan, he wasn't in the move of the day and like he says, I'd say this is is for the GC hopes. Now, it's just a matter of stage wins from here out. Time to go on the attack!
Check out the Quadrant Analysis Tab in WKO+ software, really shows how Dan prefers to pedal. He spent over 47% of the stage in QIII, which shows how easy it was for him in the peloton. Combined that with 24 % in QII and that's 71% of the time spent pedaling below 90rpm. Look at the Cadence distribution chart on the Journal page and over 17% of the time spent NOT pedaling, which means that Dan was doing a great job resting in the peloton.
Nothing to lose now, so it's time to go on the attack Dan! Unfortunately, I think a lot of other guys are thinking that as well now!