The First Hour
- Make sure you are logged into Windows with a user profile that has Administrative privileges.
- Go to our WKO+ Download page by CLICKING HERE.
- There, you will be able to download the latest build of Version 3.0 (make sure to select Save, not Run, if you have an option). Make sure that no other software that talks to your downloadable training devices is open or running, including your current version of WKO+, CyclingPeaks, or Ergoracer.
- Once you have downloaded, double click on the downloaded install file to launch the install program.
- Now click the Install button!
*PLEASE NOTE: WKO+ licensing policy has been updated for v3.0. Please CLICK HERE for the current v3.0 licensing information.
- Make sure you have installed the very latest version and build number of WKO+. From within WKO+, click on "Help...Check For New Version" to ensure you have the latest version and build number.
- Once you have downloaded and installed the latest version and build number, open WKO+.
- Make sure your computer is connected to the internet
- In the Registration Form of WKO+ (which should appear automatically if your license has not yet been activated, but can also be accessed from the Help menu by clicking "Register"), follow these steps:
- Enter your full name
- Enter the Registration Code (CaSe SenSitiVe and dashes (-) matter) which you received during the purchase process and with the email confirmation of your purchase, or within the CD sleeve if you purchased from a retail distributor
- The Fingerprint field should be auto-populated with the hardware fingerprint ID of your computer
- Next, click the Activate button in the lower right hand corner of the Registration Form, and your copy of WKO+ will activate
- Install the software that came with your device, as this is what contains the drivers (small packets of software that allow your computer to "talk" to your device). Do not run the manufacturers software when trying to download from your Device to WKO+, but it does need to be installed on the same computer as WKO+
- Close all other training related software
- Open WKO+
- Open the File menu and click "Training Device Download", or click the device download icon in the top toolbar, which will launch Device Agent v3.0
- Once the Device Agent is open, connect the download cable or wireless dongle for your device to your computer
- Select the correct Training Device Type and Training Device Port (the correct port will have text mentioning "USB", "Serial", or both, in parenthesis off to the right of the com number; or it will default to the correct one that can not be changed) at the top of the Device Agent
- Connect your device and turn it on
- Click "Download from Device" in the upper right hand corner
- Once the files have been extracted from the device, they will be listed by date in the Download Window. Select WKO+ for the location you wish to send the downloaded files to by clicking on the icon within the Save To column, then select WKO+. Once you have selected the desired Save To destination, click the Save button in the lower right hand corner of the Device Agent
- Select the athlete profile in WKO+ you wish to save the files to in the following WKO+ Import Window
CLICK HERE for the full Device Agent v3.0 User Guide
CLICK HERE to see a complete list of the devices compatible with TrainingPeaks WKO+
If you are a current registered user of TrainingPeaks WKO+ you can follow the steps below to import your WKO+ files to WKO+ 3.0:
There are three ways to migrate your data from 2.2 to 3.0. We recommend the first way. If you are a more advanced user or would like your files renamed in our new file naming: last_first_yyyy_mm_dd_hh_mm_ss.wko then do the 2nd way. If you are a seriously advanced user, then choose #3.
#1 After you have installed Version 3.0, then make sure it is closed, along with Version 2.0. This way will bring in all of your data files, Custom charts and graphs and also any athletes you might coach as well.
- Click START>PROGRAM FILES> TRAININGPEAKS>
- Then Click MIGRATE Data from 2.2 to 3.0.
3. When you are ready then click any key on your keyboard.
4. Wait for the migration to happen and let it run.
OR Choose Option # 2
DRAG and DROP method. This will bring in your files one athlete at a time. In order for this to work, you will need to "CREATE AN ATHLETE" first and then drag and drop the data. NOTE: this method will not bring over any custom charts and graphs you might have built on your Athlete Home page or Journal page.
Browse to your old files using Windows Explorer
Once you have found the files, with Windows Explorer open in a smaller window, click "Edit...select all". This will highlight all of your files.
Open WKO+ 3.0 and run the application small on your monitor (you should see both programs on yoru monitor screen now).
Left click on the highlighted data and Drag-and-Drop it directly ONTO WKO+ 3.0
The next screen you will see allows you to select the correct Athlete, Sport, and the correct workout date. Select the athlete you want to import data into, the correct sport, and update workout dates if any were incorrect.
DONE! Or repeat for each athlete.
OPTION #3 - Copy the DATA folder yourself from Within the Program Files directory. This is really a continuation of Option #2 above.
1. Goto your My Documents folder and look for the folder named CyclingPeaks. It could also reside in C:Program Files/TrainingPeaks/WKO/CyclingPeaks/Data
2. Find the DATA folder.
3. Copy the Data folder.
4. NOW open My Documents /TrainingPeaks/WKO and PASTE in the Data folder on top of the existing one.
5. This will overwrite the existing folder with your 2.2.
6. Open up WKO+ 3.0 and give it a few minutes to compile the data. It should all be there.
Note: if your FTP settings for your athlete did not come over or your charts are not in there. then you can copy over the athlete.dat file or calendar.dat over top from your 2.2 to your 3.0. Allow them to overwrite in the Document/user name/TrainingPeaks/WKO
Also you could follow this path, which will do the same thing as well.
1. Create a new athelete in WKO+ 3.0
2. Optionally, close WKO+ 3.0 and copy just your
athlete_last_first.dat file from the 2.2 data folder to the 3.0 data
folder, then restart WKO+ 3.0. This will bring over your athlete
settings, charts, FTP history, etc.
3. Drag-n-drop all your 2.2 .wko files on to the main WKO+ 3.0 window.
4. When the import files dialog finishes reading all the files, choose
your athlete and hit save.
One warning though, manually overridden TSS values were not beeing
saved in the 2.2 .wko file, so you will loose those. They are now
begin saved in the 3.0 .wko files, so going forward this is not a
problem. If you do not know what I am talking about, then it is not an
issue for you.
First, download and install the latest build for WKO+ 3.0 software. Please make sure you have administrative rights and that you click Save (not Run) upon installing:http://home.trainingpeaks.com/wko-desktop-software/download.aspx
Then, locate your Data folder on your old computer, your external hard drive, or wherever you have your previous Data folder saved. The Data folder can be found in the following location on your computer: C:/users/<username>/MyDocuments/TrainingPeaks/WKO
Please note that the <username> will be the same as your computer's username.
Once you have located the old Data folder, please drag and drop or copy (do NOT cut) the Data folder into the new WKO+ folder. You may have to drag and drop the Data folder onto an external location (thumb drive, CD, etc,...) before transferring it to the new WKO+ folder. If the computer asks if you wish to replace the files when moving the file over, answer "yes."
If you wish to keep any files that you have stored in the newly downloaded WKO+ 3.0, you must copy each file out of the new Data folder into another location while you are moving your old Data folder over. Once your old Data folder has been transferred, you can paste the files directly back into the Data folder.