Migrating Data from Older Version
If you are a current registered user of TrainingPeaks WKO+ you can follow the steps below to import your WKO+ files to WKO+ 3.0:
There are three ways to migrate your data from 2.2 to 3.0. We recommend the first way. If you are a more advanced user or would like your files renamed in our new file naming: last_first_yyyy_mm_dd_hh_mm_ss.wko then do the 2nd way. If you are a seriously advanced user, then choose #3.
#1 After you have installed Version 3.0, then make sure it is closed, along with Version 2.0. This way will bring in all of your data files, Custom charts and graphs and also any athletes you might coach as well.
- Click START>PROGRAM FILES> TRAININGPEAKS>
- Then Click MIGRATE Data from 2.2 to 3.0.
3. When you are ready then click any key on your keyboard.
4. Wait for the migration to happen and let it run.
OR Choose Option # 2
DRAG and DROP method. This will bring in your files one athlete at a time. In order for this to work, you will need to "CREATE AN ATHLETE" first and then drag and drop the data. NOTE: this method will not bring over any custom charts and graphs you might have built on your Athlete Home page or Journal page.
Browse to your old files using Windows Explorer
Once you have found the files, with Windows Explorer open in a smaller window, click "Edit...select all". This will highlight all of your files.
Open WKO+ 3.0 and run the application small on your monitor (you should see both programs on yoru monitor screen now).
Left click on the highlighted data and Drag-and-Drop it directly ONTO WKO+ 3.0
The next screen you will see allows you to select the correct Athlete, Sport, and the correct workout date. Select the athlete you want to import data into, the correct sport, and update workout dates if any were incorrect.
DONE! Or repeat for each athlete.
OPTION #3 - Copy the DATA folder yourself from Within the Program Files directory. This is really a continuation of Option #2 above.
1. Goto your My Documents folder and look for the folder named CyclingPeaks. It could also reside in C:Program Files/TrainingPeaks/WKO/CyclingPeaks/Data
2. Find the DATA folder.
3. Copy the Data folder.
4. NOW open My Documents /TrainingPeaks/WKO and PASTE in the Data folder on top of the existing one.
5. This will overwrite the existing folder with your 2.2.
6. Open up WKO+ 3.0 and give it a few minutes to compile the data. It should all be there.
Note: if your FTP settings for your athlete did not come over or your charts are not in there. then you can copy over the athlete.dat file or calendar.dat over top from your 2.2 to your 3.0. Allow them to overwrite in the Document/user name/TrainingPeaks/WKO
Also you could follow this path, which will do the same thing as well.
1. Create a new athelete in WKO+ 3.0
2. Optionally, close WKO+ 3.0 and copy just your
athlete_last_first.dat file from the 2.2 data folder to the 3.0 data
folder, then restart WKO+ 3.0. This will bring over your athlete
settings, charts, FTP history, etc.
3. Drag-n-drop all your 2.2 .wko files on to the main WKO+ 3.0 window.
4. When the import files dialog finishes reading all the files, choose
your athlete and hit save.
One warning though, manually overridden TSS values were not beeing
saved in the 2.2 .wko file, so you will loose those. They are now
begin saved in the 3.0 .wko files, so going forward this is not a
problem. If you do not know what I am talking about, then it is not an
issue for you.